Sunday, January 20, 2013

Les Misérables

I saw the movie for the first time in theaters right around Christmas. I guess I went in to the movie not really knowing the story line or what to expect but as it played out I really enjoyed it. My mom became obsessed with it and started talking about it all the time and even bought the soundtrack. I borrowed the soundtrack from her and it's all I've been listening to. So today, I decided I would spend a little "me time" at the movie theater. I have really been wanting to go see Les Misérables again since I know a majority of the songs now and I have also been wanting to go to a movie by myself. It's something I've never done and I just wanted to. So I went to the matinee and OH.MY.GOSH. I so very much enjoyed it the second time. I cried A LOT but was so happy coming out of the theater.

What a story it is. Love. Forgiveness. Grace. Three HUGE themes that run throughout the story line as well as a huge emphasis on  religion and Jean Valjean's belief in God. I'm blown away that Hollywood would put out a movie with such great moral fiber. I am so very glad they did. Victor Hugo wrote a beautiful novel (which I still need to read) and Hollywood produced a beautiful musical. It has joined my list of favorites. 


 Anne Hathaway as Fantine

 Hugh Jackman as Jean Valjean

Aaron Tveit as Enjolras


"Do you hear the people sing?
Singing a song of angry men?
It is the music of a people
Who will not be slaves again!
When the beating of your heart
Echoes the beating of the drums
There is a life about to start
When tomorrow comes! 

Will you join in our crusade?
Who will be strong and stand with me?
Somewhere beyond the barricade
Is there a world you long to see? 

Then join in the fight
That will give you the right to be free!!"





2 comments:

  1. I so want to see that film, too! I just discovered your blog and really, really like it - keep up the good work!

    Have a lovely day,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So sweet! I ADORE that movie! I hope you have seen it by now (: Excited to read your blog!

      Delete